Blichmann Engineering has done it again! Their line of Fermenator conical stainless steel fermentors are the pinnacle of form and function for today's homebrewer. This is the 42 gallon tri-clamp model, which comes complete with tri-clamp fittings. These fittings for the bottom dump and racking arm offer unparalleled cleaning and sanitation advantages over its NPT brother. The tri-clamps can be broken down and taken apart with ease, as the seals are made via o-rings, not threaded joints. No need to wrap and rewrap with pipe thread! Blichmann takes pride in using only 304 stainless steel, and the interior all-weldless construction can't be found anywhere else on the market today!
Perfect for: Up to 33 gallon finished batch sizes of beer, wine, cider, or any other fermented beverage!
Minimum interior refrigerator dimensions: 24" x 24" x 48.75" - Note that Blichmann recommends at least 1" clearance on each side, which is not included in these dimensions, and also recommends 4 to 6" of clearance space in an upright freezer or refrigerator for using the lid hatch.
- Easy to remove tri-clamp fittings with wing nut fasteners, can be fully disassembled in order to get the best possible clean. You can even autoclave these parts if you so desired! Easy, effective cleaning and sanitizing ensures a lowered chance of bacterial infection and a longer life for the fermentor
- The Fermentor's stainless steel design is perfect for cleaning and sanitation! Get the sanitary edge on scratchable plastics and breakable glass by going with one of these stainless steel beauties!
- Complete weld-free interior construction stops bacteria from finding a hiding place, so you can easily and confidently sanitize your fermentor.
- Bottom dump valve where trub can be dumped or your yeast harvested; something that is impossible with traditional homebrew equipment.
- A rotating racking arm that not only allows you take gravity samples, but also helps you to cleanly and efficiently transfer your beer into kegs or bottling equipment. The arm can be rotated with the flow of the liquid, allowing you to avoid drawing unwanted hops during racking.
- A pressurizable fermentor body allows for CO2 to create a pumping effect, allowing beer to be racked up to six feet above the fermentors into kegs. Never use an auto-siphon again!
- Convenient lid hatch on the top allows for ease of access to beer for adding dry hops, oak, or other flavoring agents, as well as pitching yeast.
- Excellent for wine fermentation too! The Fermenator is superior to many variable capacity fermentors available to home vintners due to its seals and its quality of being completely impervious to oxygen. While variable capacity fermentors rely on a tube and bicycle pump design for secondary fermentation which can lose pressure over time, Blichmann's patented design keeps fermenting wine free of oxygen and the possibility of bacterial contaminants.
- Bolted leg construction ensures sturdiness, even when full of your delicious beer!
- A beaded seal on the fermentor lid ensures an extra layer of protection from depressurization, creating a superior seal on the fermentor body.
- Folding handles allow easy movement of empty fermentors.
- Ultra low-profile design allows the Fermenator to sit easily into home refrigerators and freezers for fermentation temperature control, thus saving hundreds or thousands of dollars on separate temperature control systems
- Leg pads ensure safe movement without scratching of equipment and surfaces.
For shipping orders, this product is drop shipped directly from the manufacturer. Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery. For pickup orders, we carry a supply of these in all our stores but will contact you if we are out at the time of your order.