Tired or relying on gravity to transfer your hot wort on brew day? Then it's time for a brew pump. This inline model from Chugger Pumps has all the same guts as its stainless steel sibling, but with a polysulfone (plastic) head. Stock with a 1/20 horsepower motor, can handle liquid up to 250F (120C), and all the materials are FDA Food Compliant. If this is your first pump and you're looking for an economical price, this one is hard to beat.
For an ideal setup, add a ball valve to the outlet port so you can throttle down your flow rate which will allow more efficient sparging and cooling.
- Max Flow of 7 gpm (26.5 lpm)
- Max Head 18.6 FT 4.1 M
- 1/2" male NPT inlet and outlet
- 2' x 7/8" impeller
- 4 ft. 115V power chord
- Polysulfone head
- Handles liquids up to 250F (120C)
- Comes with mounting plate to help integrate into your existing system
- Pump head can be rotated 360° in 90° intervals
- Pump is NOT self-priming. Don't run dry