Counterflow wort chillers are one of the best options for chiller your homebrew wort down quickly. They feature a tube-in-tube design, where cold water flows through the outer tube in one direction, while hot wort flows through a twisted inner copper tube in the opposite direction. The ZChiller brand utilizes the enhanced thermal gradients of a counterflow wort chiller with the added benefit of greater surface area for heat transfer. Instead of a simple, cylindrical inner tube, the Z Chiller utilizes a unique, convoluted "spiral star" design that enables superior heat transfer out of the wort as well as unparalleled cooling uniformity for consistent cold breaks and record cooling times. The chilling ability matches or exceeds that of plate chillers without the downside of disruptive clogs.
Advantages of the ZChiller Counterflow Wort Chiller
- Reduced chilling time.
- Reduced chance of infection so your beer is ruined or altered by bacterial attack.
- More efficient cold break to remove unwanted proteins and particulates from your beer.
- Reduced need to utilize secondary fermentation due to reduced trub layer in primary fermentation.
- Cleaner aroma profile because of decrease in DMS production, giving you a more pronounced aroma that you have worked so hard for.
- Cleaner tasting beer with a more pronounced body and flavor profile due to reduced off-flavors.
- Easier cleaning, especially when compared to a plate chiller.
- Diameter: 9 in.
- Height: 5.125 in.
- Made of 154 ft. of Copper
- Wort Inlet/Outlet Fittings: 1/2 in. Male NPT
- Cold Water Inlet/Outlet Fittings: Male Garden Hose fittings