This kettle has an 16 gallon total capacity, which is perfect for doing full boil 5-10 gallon batches of beer. You could even use this kettle for mashing and is the PERFECT size for 5 gallon brew in a bag! It also comes with a ball valve which is perfect for draining from the kettle, so you no longer would need to use a siphon. The top port can be sealed by using the included stainless steel plug, OR can be used to install a brew kettle thermometer. All ports are welded so no worries of losing o-rings and dealing with leaking issues. A great 8 gallon kettle that will last you for years to come at an even greater price.
- Two welded 1/2 in. female NPT threaded ports (1.5 and 6 inches from the bottom, respectively) with included ball valve and plug!
- Stainless Steel Construction on kettle, ball valve, nipple and plug
- Stainless Steel handles
- Easily drain kettle with ball valve.
- Graduated between 1 and 14 gallons, with a total capacity of 16 gallons.
- Perfect for full boil 5-10 gallon batches of wort, you could even use the kettle for mashing and brew in a bag!
- Kettle and lid
- 1/2 in. 2 piece ball valve
- 1.5 in nipple with 1/2 in. NPT male threading and hex center
- 1/2 in. NPT male threaded plug
- Roll of teflon tape
Product Dimensions and Port Locations
- The top port coupler is 6 in. off the bottom and is used for a thermometer. The bottom coupler is 1.5 in. off the bottom and is used for a ball valve. The dimensions of the kettle are 400mm (15.75 in) diameter by 480mm (19.9 in) tall.