The perfect way to get started in brewing your very own beer at home! Our Superior brewing starter kit builds on our basic kit, and comes with a few extras to make your life that much simpler, and your beer that much better! Get started the right way, with all the brewing bells and whistles you need to start brewing great beer right away! The Superior kit comes with everything you need for a two-stage fermentation, plus bottling equipment to bottle off and cap your beer! All you need equipment-wise on top of this is a brew kettle and bottles! Compare us to the competition: our kit is the most complete starter brewing kit for under $150!
Kit Includes the Following:
- 6.5 Gallon Plastic Primary Fermentor, lid, and airlock
- 5 Gallon Glass Secondary Fermentor & bung
- 6.5 Gallon Bottling Bucket with spigot, tubing, and bottle filler
- 24 in. plastic paddle
- Labratory-grade Thermometer and stick-on bucket thermometer
- Hydrometer and Test Jar
- Auto-Siphon and Tubing
- Bottle brush and capper
- Bottle caps and priming sugar for carbonation
- Carboy brush
- Easy Clean one-step cleanser
- Instruction manual (for the two people out there that actually read the instructions)
- Brewing assistance via phone, 7 days a week from one of our trained and brew-loving staff
NOTE: Picture above may not match 100% to items listed
What Else Do I Need?
In addition to all the great equipment, we've made things easier for you and personally selected four beer kits to choose from for your first batch. They're great tasting AND easy to brew!
American Wheat: A dry, crisp, and slightly tart American wheat beer that would appeal to both craft and mass beer drinkers.
PDG Pale Ale: Like it hoppy? Then our PDG Pale Ale (that's short for Pretty Darn Good) is sure to be a hit with hop heads. Loaded with Northwest style hops, and low enough in alcohol that you can have more than one!
Classic Dry Stout: Dark, roasty, and creamy! Our Guinness Stout clone is one of our most popular kits, and is a great starting ingredient kit for those wanting to brew something a bit darker.
Dred Brown Porter: A dark, malty brown ale with caramel and chocolate notes that is nicely balanced.
In addition to this kit, you'll need the following items:
- Brew Pot (this is needed on brew day). You can use a stock pot from home. We recommend at least a 5 Gallon Pot.
- A heat source. This could be as simple as your stovetop and as awesome as a propane gas outdoor burner. If using your stovetop, natural gas is the preferred option, but an electric stovetop will work.
- Roughly 48 pry off, 12oz. beer bottles.