The Tilt Pro builds upon the original Tilt technology, and packs it into a bigger sturdier unit, that is purpose built for professional craft brewers and serious homebrewers alike. At 3x the volume and weight of the original Tilt hydrometer, the Tilt Pro's larger size allows them to more than double the battery life with preinstalled Energizer® AA lithium batteries that will keep it powered for 3 to 5 years depending on use. So much time you may forget your Tilt actually runs on a battery! The extra size and weight comes with an extra bonus: improved specific gravity stability at high krausen so you will see a steadier read-out on your iPhone, Android, or Raspberry Pi.
In addition, they have boosted range with a high-gain antenna that in testing increased range by 20% vs. the original Tilt. Now you can see your Tilt through thicker heads of foam and heavier stainless steel walls. To top it off they've included an extra decimal of precision available from the sensors and to the read-out so there are now decimal degrees Fahrenheit as well as higher resolution Celsius. Specific gravity now reads out to the 10,000th place (for example 1.0000). You can now see fermentation activity dropping less than a brewer's point per day. In all the Tilt team has made several adjustments that the craft beer professional (and serious home brewer) is sure to appreciate.
FERMENTER COMPATIBILITY: At a width of close to 2 inches, the Tilt Pro will not fit into a standard glass/plastic carboy. It is designed to be used in vessels with larger openings or ones with removable lids like Stainless Steel fermenters.
Multiple Unit Users: If using more than one Tilt Pro at a time, you must use a different color Tilt Pro for each batch. Apps will not read multiples. Great Fermentations offers 8 different colors for multiple, simultaneous fermentations.
- Size: 1.7" (43mm) diameter (max) by 5.4" (140mm) tall
- Weight: 5.4 ounces (153g)
- Specific Gravity Measurement Range: 0.9900 - 1.1200
- Specific Gravity resolution: 0.00001
- Temperature Measurement Range: 0°F - 140°F (-17.8°C - 60°C) Note: Installed lithium batteries include a built in PTC (heat activated fuse) that will temporarily cut power if batteries exceed 140°F.
- Temperature resolution: 0.1°F (0.1°C)
- Absolute Maximum Temperature Range: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Battery: User-replaceable, 2x 1.5v AA battery (Li/FeS2), widely sold as "Energizer® AA Ultimate Lithium".