Join the electric brewing revolution! From Blichmann Engineering comes the BoilCoil, a less than ultra-low density work of modern brewing technological art! The 240 volt version of the BoilCoil provides more power and thus quicker heating times so you can get your brew day going sooner! The BoilCoil fits on the inside of a brew kettle and offers unparalleled heating performance for heating up your wort or brewing liquor quickly and efficiently! No more open flames to deal with, the BoilCoil makes electric brewing easy and can be used in either an indoor or outdoor brewing setup! This is an ideal product for your boil kettle and hot liquor tank, and is a great companion for your existing Blichmann BoilerMaker brew pot. The BoilCoil is NOT DESIGNED to be used with a false bottom as a mash tun!
The 30 gallon version was designed to fit perfectly inisde an existing Blichmann 30 Gallon BoilerMaker (G1 and G2). Installs easily by drilling two small 5/8" holes into your brew pot, using the included handy drill template! Don't own a BoilerMaker, but still want to use the BoilCoil with another type of brew kettle? No problem! Click the following link for a drawing with sizes of the BoilCoil to find out what size will work for your pot: BoilCoil Sizing »
Important Electrical Info Please Read!!!
This 30 gallon 240v BoilCoil comes with a twist & lock L6-30 style plug that is designed to plug into a controllor or switch for use. Blichmann offers their 240v electric control module, which is the perfect controller for this BoilCoil! Using the temperature sensor that comes with their control module, you can adjust temperature or output power. PLEASE NOTE that you absolutely must have a controller of some sort to use the BoilCoil, and the BoilCoil cannot be plugged directly into a wall receptacle.
Rated Voltage (VAC): 240v
Recommended GFCI Breaker Size: 30 amps
Min Operation Water Volume: 7 gallons
Ramp Rate in degrees F/minute = 0.0068 X Watts / gallons
- Each BoilCoil is engineered to perform optimally in your BoilerMaker brew pot for consistent heating performance, boil quality, and boil-off rates.
- Coil configuration hugs the wall of the pot to encourage convective boil characteristics to drive off DMS and other volatiles and doesn't interfere with whirlpooling.
- LESS THAN Ultra low watt density means NO chance of scorching!
- Removable custom engineered plug means cleaning is a snap - no dangling power cord tethered to your pot!
- The BoilCoil includes a high quality flexible "plug and play" 12 ft. factory wired cable with a molded twist-lock L6-30P plug on one end, and our custom removable plug on the other end.
- Simple installation requires drilling only two small 5/8" holes with our handy drill template (no risky welding). Features a professional and reliable connection and sealing system engineered specifically for homebrew kettles.
- The BoilCoil will fit in most competitive pots too!
For shipping orders, this product is drop shipped directly from the manufacturer. Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery. For pickup orders, we carry a supply of these in all our stores but will contact you if we are out at the time of your order.
*California Consumers Proposition 65 Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm*