This all-in-one electric brewing system is compact and easy-to-use, allowing you to easily make five gallons of all-grain beer with minimal time and effort! Two years of research and development, with a design and engineering team working closely with the commercial beer industry, went into the production of the Grainfather, and now it is ready for the general public! This system allows you to easily mash, boil, sparge and chill for the perfect beer every time. Whether you are just starting out in all-grain brewing or a seasoned pro, the Grainfather offers an electric system with a small footprint that can be used indoors to brew and take time off your brew day. The perfect small all-grain system, brew your beer and save time today with the Grainfather!
The Grainfather is electrically powered and designed to be used indoors. No need for burners, or hot plates, just plug in and go! It is fitted with a controlled heating element so that the correct power can be used depending on what stage of the brewing process you are at. A gentler heat is used at certain stages for accurate temperature control and and to minimize the risk of scorching and after the mash it can also ramp up the heat quickly for when more vigorous heating is required.
Total Control at Your Fingertips
Use the Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App and Grainfather Brewing Community for the ultimate brewing experience. Create your recipes on the Grainfather Brewing Community and then sync these recipes with the Connect app. The control box has Bluetooth connection to your mobile device so it can be controlled remotely. This allows you to multitask or simply relax while brewing and then be alerted when to return to your next step.
Pump it Up
A 6 Watt, 1,800 RPM magnetic powered pump has been fitted to recirculate the wort through the grain bed for maximum brewing efficiencies. This is also used during the cooling stage to pump hot wort through the wort chiller. The pump also makes the cleaning process quick and easy by pumping the cleaning detergent through all the pipe work. The magnetic drive pump has been selected after rigorous testing of multiple pump styles to ensure it meets the tough demands required of continuous brewing. The pump is concealed by a stainless pump cover, which is easy to pop open, giving you direct access. A pump filter is fitted inside the Grainfather to prevent hops and stray grain from entering the pump or pipework, keeping the wort clear while also preventing any blockages.
A stainless steel expandable grain basket allows you to brew with anything from 9.9 lb - 20 lb of grain. The fitted perforated plates and telescopic pipework allow you to easily adjust the size of the grain basket to suit the size of grain bill. Fit the Micro Pipework (sold separately) for grain bills below 2.6 US Gal. When ready for sparging, a basket lifting handle is then inserted into the grain basket to lift it up, out of the wort. A 45 degree turn then allows the grain basket's feet to rest on the specially designed support ring to allow the grain basket to drain while you can batch sparge over the top. A Sparge Water Heater can be purchased additionally to heat your water to the specific temperature required.
Chill with the Counterflow Wort Chiller
A counter flow wort chiller has two connection points. One side is connected to the Grainfather, while the other is connected to the cold tap water. The hot wort is then pumped through copper inner coil while the cold water is pumped through the outer in the opposite direction, providing instant cooling and heat exchange. The cooled wort can then be pumped directly into your clean, sterile fermenter. This reduces the chance of contamination as nothing is inserted in the wort, and it is only passing through the wort chiller one single time, going straight to the sterile fermenter where the yeast is added. 6 US Gal of wort can be cooled in as little as 20 minutes. The cooled wort temperature will be cooled to approximately 41°F above whatever your tap water temperature is.
- Mash, sparge, boil and chill - all in one system!
- The electric design allows you to run the Grainfather safely indoors or outside.
- Super charged 220v (please consult an electrician if you are unsure if you have 220v power or not).
- Compact and easy to use!
- Built in heating element is controllable with the control panel gives you precise hot-side temperature control!
- Expandable grain basket allows you to dial in grist to water ratios for perfect mashing every time.
- Included pump recirculates wort for maximum temperature stability and efficiency.
- Easy to clean -parts are easily disassembled and cleaned, with the ability to recirculate cleaner through the unit.
- Take time off your brew day!
Control Box for Heat & Power Control
Use the Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App (and the recipe creator coming soon) for the ultimate brewing experience. The control box has Bluetooth connection to your mobile device so it can be controlled remotely. This allows you to multitask or simply relax while brewing and then be alerted when to return to your next step.
- PID algorithm works in conjunction with a triac for more stable heating and so you can control power output
- Programmable step mashing
- Delayed heating - fill your Grainfather with water the night before and wake up to your water at strike temperature ready for brewing straight away
- Change between celsius and fahrenheit easily
- Waterproof graphic display
- Use in manual mode or with app
Grainfather Connect App for Automation
- Grainfather Grain Kit recipes provided in the app
- Ability to import recipes (Beer XML files) - NOTE: iOS9 and higher
- Set your own boil temperature (for different altitudes)
- Change between celsius and fahreheit easily
- Grainfather calculators provided in app
- Construction: 304 Stainless Steel (SS Components)
- Heating Power: 1600W
- Capacity: 8 gallon (30L)
- Grainfather main unit with pump, grain basket and plumbing
- Control box
- Counterflow chiller
For shipping orders, this product is drop shipped directly from the manufacturer. Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery. For pickup orders, we carry a supply of these in all our stores but will contact you if we are out at the time of your order.