Now you have zero reason to skip doing a yeast starter! Introducing Propper Starter. Propper Starter concentrated wort makes it easy to give your yeast the proper start when preparing high gravity brews, cold-pitched lagers, yeast packs nearing expiration and whenever a starter is recommended. No more measuring messy DME. No more waiting to boil and cool. Just mix one can with an equal amount of purified water in a sanitized flask to produce one liter of ready starter wort. For increasing biomass and vitality in your yeast, Prop It Up™ with a can of Propper Starter!
Shelf life of 12 months (from the date of manufacture). Refrigeration not required.
How to Use
- Sanitize 2L flask, stir bar, top of can and yeast pack.
- Swirl and open can. Pour contents into flask.
- Add 16oz of bottled, distilled or boiled (and cooled) water to flask.
- Pitch yeast and swirl flask to mix.
- Add stir bar to flask, cover with foil, and mix on stir plate for 24 hours.
Starter Original Gravity will be 1.040 when properly diluted, as indicated below.
- 1L Starter: 1 Propper Starter Can | 16 oz. water
- 2L Starter: 2 Propper Starter Cans | 32 oz. water
Making a Yeast Starter with StirStarter and Propper Starter