YAN (Yeast Assimilable Nitrogen) Test kit utilizes the pH function of the Vinmetrica SC-200 or Vinmetrica SC-300. The Vinmetrica YAN Analysis Kit gives you confidence to run your YAN tests accurately and quickly. Kit includes everything to perform ~30 tests: Formaldehyde solution, YAN Neutralizing Powder, pipettes, and conical tube.
Testing for YAN just before primary inoculation will allow you to make needed adjustments for a successful fermentation. Yeast Assimilable Nitrogen (YAN) is the combination of amino acids, ammonium ions, and small peptides. Wines with high YAN concentrations typically have increased formation of ethyl acetate, acetic acid and volatile acidity (VA). Wines with low YAN concentrations are more susceptible to a sluggish fermentation as well as production of sulfur compounds like hydrogen sulfide.
Complete Kit Includes Everything You Need for Your First 30 Tests
- Vinmetrica pH 4.01 and pH 7.00 Reference Solutions, or equivalent solutions for pH calibration.
- Vinmetrica TA Titrant and accessories provided in the SC-200 or SC-300 Kit.
- 25 mL glass burette recommended, or syringe for TA titration
- Distilled water (DI water), which can be found at most grocery stores.
- It's handy to have a wash bottle for rinsing, like Vinmetrica Part Number SC-100-17.
See It In Action
For shipping orders, this product is drop shipped directly from the manufacturer. Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery. For pickup orders, we carry a supply of these in all our stores but will contact you if we are out at the time of your order.