Each quarter, Wyeast has a special release of 3 yeast strains called their Private Collection. These strains are very unique and are only available while supplies last for that given quarter. Sometimes these strains will come back in future releases, and other times they will be gone forever! Check back here each quarter for the latest Private Collection yeasts, and make sure to order yours while they're available.
Q3 2016 Strains: This quarter, Wyeast is featuring their SOUR SUMMER strains, which are great for those light summery sour beers that go great with the hot sun!
Wyeast 3789 Trappist Style Blend - Private CollectionItem #: 3789XL
- A blend of saccharomyces and brettanomyces strains.
- Used to mimic beers from the Florenville area of Belgium.
- Produces complex spicy phenolic and light fruit flavors for excellent trappist-style ales!
Wyeast 5151 Brett Claussenii - Private CollectionItem #: 5151XL
A strain of Brettanomyces that can produce tropical fruit aromas and flavors.$12.99
Wyeast 3191 Berliner Weisse Blend - Private CollectionItem #: 3191XL
A yeast blend that contains a German ale strain, Lactobacillus, and a unique Brettanomyces strain. Great choice for Lambics, Geuze, and Flanders Red Ale.$7.49
Wyeast 3031 Saison-Brett Blend - Private CollectionItem #: 3031XL
- A wonderful Private Collection blend for Brett saisons!
- A blend of a few saison strains and Brett. C.
- Earthy and fruity, with Brett characteristics in a relatively short time!